DOERFER COMPANIES Assembly Technican in WAVERLY, Iowa
Works together as a team to assemble a project or product or to assemble a component of the product to be used in the final production. The technician does not perform one task but several to see the completion of the whole component.
- Reads and interprets schematic drawings, blueprint design, diagrams, specifications, work orders, and reports to determine the material list needed and to complete work to design.
- Assembles in combination with electricians and tool makers a combination of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and mechanical parts for a component.
- Orders the material needed by reviewing catalogs and connections with various vendors by developing a list that is forwarded to purchasing.
- Discusses and reviews print packages with managers, Project Managers, designers, and tool and die makers to prepare and design a plan for the project.
- Custom builds stainless steel lines and utilizes ordered plumbing materials to measure and create functioning lines for flow with attention to all other mechanical and electrical positions.
- Works with basic knowledge of the purpose and all related functions of the machine to design with a team a lasting physical layout free of safety concerns and efficient in operation.
- Trains and communicates with others on the procedures and techniques used.
- Inspects and tests the assembly and installation in combination with the team.
- Reviews and develops a list of items that may be needed for spare parts and identify areas of maintenance or repair for technical writing.
- Utilizes the correct materials and identifies those materials with the correct colors based on the client\'s request.
- Overtime as required.
- Travel on an as-required basis.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Applied Science including any combination of Computer Numerical Control (CNC), welding, electrical, hydraulics, mechanics, pneumatics, and programmable logic control (PLC).
Doerfer Companies actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.