UnityPoint Health Imaging Specialist-MRI-United Medical Park-Registered in Waterloo, Iowa
MRI Imaging Specialist - Registered
Allen Hospital, Waterloo, IA
Weekend Package 7AM-7:30PM
Part Time Benefits
A Registered Radiology Tech is a Diagnostic Radiographer, who under the direction of the Imaging Services
Clinical Manager or the assigned Supervisor, is responsible for performing a variety of technical procedures on patients of all ages which requires independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis and for assuming responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Administrative and Customer Support
· Performs quality diagnostic procedures, general as well as surgical, portable, and tomography. Is proficient in MRI. Provides and uses radiation protection devices and techniques in accordance with prescribed safety standards. Displays working knowledge of job requirements.
· All images are properly identified with patient I.D., side markers, and tech initials. Patients and others are not subjected to unneeded amounts of radiation. No accidents occur to patients, personnel, or equipment as a result of regulation or policy violations. Patient injuries are reported immediately per hospital policy.
· Maintains radiographic quality. Positioning of patient and equipment and technique manipulation are accurate. Errors are rare, tasks are completed promptly.
· Correctly documents required information in the computerized information system (RIS). Exams are completed in a timely fashion. Exams performed are recorded. Records are complete, accurate, and up-to-date; no filing errors are made. Displays team attitude in assisting secretarial staff.
· Assists radiologists and/or physicians in specific procedures, patient care, and other duties as required. Assists radiologists and/or physicians in the administration of contrast media and other medications as required. Willingly and cheerfully assists others as needed; misadministration of drugs and contrasts do not occur.
· Applies knowledge of operation and use of diagnostic x-ray machines, processors, and other required equipment and maintains safety. Tests conducted using equipment are done correctly and produce accurate results; optimum processing is maintained at all times; malfunctions are reported immediately.
· Performs appropriate quantity of work. Consistently productive and volunteers to take on additional work when finished with assigned tasks. Rotates shifts, weekends, and holidays as required by the department.
· Applies knowledge and application of nursing procedures pertinent to patient care while in radiology
· Correct nursing procedures are used as appropriate.
· Directs patient flow as to specific room and time. Patients are not delayed unnecessarily for radiology services and do not wait longer than 15 minutes without explanation of delays.
· Maintains communications with Nursing Services concerning patient condition and radiographic procedural changes. Nursing Services aware of radiology department procedures and current status of patient conditions are reported immediately.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
· Transports patients when necessary. Patients are not unnecessarily delayed for scheduled tests. Displays team attitude in assisting transportation staff.
· Instructs, guides, directs, assists, supervises, and evaluates students in specific clinical and didactic aspects of their education in a caring manner. Information presented is accurate and organized; students understand designated procedures; associate relates well to students and responds to students' needs for information and assistance.
· Cleans departmental equipment and instruments. Equipment is clean, orderly, an ready for use; all safety/health regulations and procedures are met.
· Check to make sure preauthorization is present when needed.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Prefer 1-2 years of Radiology experience in the hospital environment
Holds Permit-to-Practice radiology in the state of Iowa.
Certified and holds current registration with the A.R.R.T. as a Radiologic Technologist.
Certified and holds current registration with the A.R.R.T. in MRI.
Must be able to read and write English.
Requisition ID: 2022-121512
Street: 1717 W Ridgeway
Name: 2520 UnityPoint Health Allen Hospital
Name: MRI - UMP- UMP
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .4846
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Weekend package 7a-730p
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org