HARTWIG Field Service Technician - CNC Repair in Waterloo, Iowa
A Field Service Technician (Service Engineer - Repair) contributes to the success of Hartwig by keeping our customers' CNC machine tools running at peak operating levels. The customers we serve are in a variety of industries and rely on the Hartwig team to repair, inspect and troubleshoot their equipment. This is a remote position located in Waterloo, IA.
Main responsibilities of this full-time role:
- Conducting high quality, efficient and timely repair and installation of CNC machines
- Recommending modifications and improvements to machines, equipment and processes
- Training and instructing customers on service, repair and proper installation
- Using software and electrical tools to find damaged work parts and identifying permanent solutions to repair computer controlled machines and accessories
- Ability to complete necessary tasks in our service software and timecard system on a daily basis
- Travel to customer sites, usually within 3 hours from home, with occasional overnight travel
Individuals who ideally fit this role have previous field service experience and should meet the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical experience required
- Field service and maintenance experience on CNC equipment preferred
- Field service experience with electro mechanical equipment (i.e. HVAC, printing presses, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, a go getter that finds the next customer that needs our help
- Good driving record and valid driver's license to ensure fleet vehicle insurability
Individuals must be able to perform these functions commonly associated with this job
- Ability to communicate with others through speaking, listening, reading and writing in English
- Ability to sit continuously for of the normal work shift, and stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms for at least of the normal work shift
- Ability to lift and carry, push, or pull up to 70 pounds
- Ability to stoop, crouch and reach
- Ability to talk or hear continuously
- Ability to see clearly to do all work-related tasks (clear or corrected vision at 20 inches or less)
- Finger dexterity is required frequently for over of the normal work shift including operating a phone, computer/ electronic equipment, electronic tools, pallet jack, forklift and hand tools
The Organization, The Team and Our Benefits
Hartwig's team of over 200 professionals throughout the U.S. is dedicated to helping manufacturers control and power the growth of their business. To achieve this, team members are given the tools and training for success. In addition to a comprehensive first year training program and on-going professional development, Hartwig provides a full benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances.
Compensation is also a key element in your decision to join the Hartwig team. Our 401k program has a contribution match of 20% and team members are bonus eligible.
As a Service Engineer at Hartwig, you will also be provided a uniform allowance, laptop, cellphone and company vehicle.
With over 75 team members who have been with us 10 years or longer and over 12,000 installations since our founding in 1960, Hartwig has gained a reputation for superior service, integrity and support. We would be honored to have you consider joining our team.
Hartwig, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.