ADVANCED HEAT TREAT CORP Equipment Operator - 3rd Shift in WATERLOO, Iowa
Paying up to \$18.50. We currently have regular, full-time position open for an Equipment Operator working second shift (Monday-Thursday 3PM-11PM and Fridays 11AM-7PM)at the MidPort Blvd., Waterloo facility. This position provides setup parts processing and inspection requiring ion-nitrided heat treating by following process instructions, work orders and prints. Will also perform support functions such as degreasing, sandblasting, polishing, cleaning and unloading customer parts.
Job duties ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following.
- Unpacks, degreases and packages customer parts
- Understands proper fixturing and loading methods Helps troubleshoot equipment operations according to AHT guidelines
- Provides accurate inspection of completed parts using either stationary or portable hardness testers.
- Maintains temperature control of parts in accordance to the process instruction.
- Assists Heat Treat Technicians on specific jobs as instructed.
- Monitors parts and equipment during the heat treat process.
- Understands requirements of handling customer parts.
- Programs the Ion/Gas Nitriding vessels according to the process instructions.
- Able to open/close all Ion/Gas units.
- Able to read and understand blueprints, purchase orders and packng slips as it pertains to the process.
- Assumes responsibility for cleaning, minor maintenance and proper storage of all shop equipment and tooling.
- Operates all shop equipment including, but not limited to, overhead crane, fork lift, various hand tools, sandblaster, degreaser, parts washer and other equipment safely. Perform routine housekeeping duties to include equipment, fixturing, floors, etc.
**Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Job requirements Qualified candidates must have a minimum of five years industrial experience and/or two year industrial tech degree. Ability to operate fork truck and overhead crane.