CONVERGINT TECHNOLOGIES, LLC Electronic Security Service Technician - Dubuque, IA in Urbandale, Iowa
Convergint is looking for a full-time, enthusiastic, results driven and forward-thinking Electronic Security Service Technician to join our amazing culture. In this role, you will service and support existing customers by responding to service calls, carrying out Customer Support Programs and small projects business. As a Electronic Security Service Technician, you are a part of a dynamic team that allows you to grow as Convergint grows.
Who You Are
You have a passion for providing world-class service to customers, colleagues and communities. You are a person of integrity with a commitment to growth, accountability and delivering results. You want to join an organization with a positive culture that embraces inclusion and allows everyone to be the best version of themselves at work and home. You want to grow with us and deliver results as an exceptional Electronic Security Service Technician.
Who We Are
With 20-years of proven growth and exceptional performance, our mission is to be our customer\'s best service provider. We realize the importance of diversity in achieving that goal. Our company was built upon a solid foundation of 10 Values and Beliefs which drive our unmatched culture, making us the #1 global, serviced-based systems integrator in the industry. We take great pride in protecting the lives and assets of our customers and their communities with the solutions we provide.
What You\'ll Do
- Acts as \"our customer\'s best service provider\" at all times thereby ensuring Convergint is the customer\'s first choice for service.
- Respond to routine and some non-routine customer service calls, scheduled maintenance calls, and emergency and after-hours service calls on a timely basis; diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, replace defective parts and debug systems for routine problems; install projects as necessary.
- Complete accurate and detailed service reports for customer and Convergint in a timely manner to allow for accurate invoicing and job cost tracking.
- Use solid troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
What You\'ll Need
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted.
- Solid technical skills and/or experience related to fire alarm systems, and/or electronic security systems.
- Solid programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions.
- Must be a self-starter and work well with direct supervision.
- Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper).
- A valid driver\'s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel locally to jobsites on a regular basis. Minimal overnight travel may be required.
Company Benefits and Perks
Convergint fosters a supportive, accessible, and inclusive environment in which individuals of different backgrounds and identities are able to realize their maximum potential within the company. We offer a variety of programs and exceptional benefits to all of our colleagues:
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Fun and Laughter Day Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
- Life insurance and Disability Plan
- Wellness Program
- 401K Matching Plan
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive salary and compensation plan
- Vehicle reimbursement plan
- Corporate Social Responsibility Day
- And much more...
Education: High School Diploma
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years, trade school or equivalent experience.
Preferred Experience: (but not required): relevant field service experience. Experience servicing, integrating, and programming access control systems, CCTV systems, and intrusion syst ms.
Preferred Experience: (but not required): Relevant field service experience.
- CCTV experience
- Access Control experience
- Intrusion experience
Convergint is committed to a culture of Inclusion and Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Visit our Convergint to learn more about the company and the exciting opportunities available.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor\'s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an inverview.