C & B EQUIPMENT General Labor - Service - PT in Spirit Lake, Iowa
C and B Equipment, a progressive family-owned company that has grown over 30 years to include John Deere Ag, material handling and power sports locations, has an opening for a General Labor - Service at its John Deere Dealership located in Freeman, SD. This position supports the Service Department to provide extraordinary customer service on new and used ag equipment. General Labor employees assist with the general maintenance and operation of the department and may assist with a variety of duties as assigned and directed by store management.
- Assists the Service Manager and technicians in the efficient operation of the department
- Cleans, organizes and maintains the condition of shop, vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment
- Assists service technicians as needed, including delivering parts and moving equipment/parts
- Assists service technicians in repairing and servicing agricultural and outdoor power equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations, assists with safety inspections and maintaining a safe working environment
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments and assists service technicians in preparing and maintaining appropriate documentation
- Loads and unloads parts and equipment
- Maintains a professional appearance
- Assists, communicates and works with customers in safely loading, unloading and operating equipment and navigating the store, lot and shop. This may include answering phones as necessary
- Assists the parts counter as needed
- Keeps the lot and equipment clean and presentable for customers
- Ability to meet physical demands and duration of physical exertion generally required to perform tasks in support of all job functions, for example - sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to operate various motor vehicles to pick up, move and deliver parts and equipment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet applications
- Ability to operate machines and equipment for maintenance, cleaning and repair of the facility
- Must show up to work on time and meet scheduling expectations
- Competitive pay based on your experience
- Opportunities to grow - We love to promote within and have excellent training programs available to prepare you on-the-job and for your future with us.
- Make an impact - You will participate in our annual Community Impact Day where we give back to the communities where we work and live.
Apply today to learn more about this exciting opportunity with C and B!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor\'s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
CandB Operations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer