ZIEGLER INC Field Service Technician ($5,000 Signing Bonus) in SHELDON, Iowa
Ziegler CAT has an opening for a full-time, experienced Field Service Mechanic to work on heavy construction equipment. We are looking for a dedicated employee with excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills to help deliver top notch service as a mechanic to our rapidly growing customer base. All hires for this position will receive a \$5000 signing bonus. Competitive minimum wage of \$34/hr. is based on experience.
Qualified applicants are eligible for a \$5000 signing bonus!
- Diagnose and repair agricultural equipment including tractors, combines, application equipment and planters in the area
- Responds to customer needs in a positive, supportive, and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed; a company truck is provided
- Using a high degree of independent judgment, assumes responsibility for the maintenance and repair of equipment safely
- Maintains a clean and safe work area, adheres to all safety procedures; maintains a service vehicle in a clean and professional manner, and ensures the vehicle is always properly maintained
- Positively interacts with manager and team members to satisfy customer needs
- Communicates job status with supervisor and communicates job is completed to receive the subsequent assignment.
- Maintains paperwork documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily/job basis
- Documents labor, addition of segments, assuring that work order can be closed and billed as communicated with the customers
2-year technical degree or high school diploma and several years of comparable mechanic experience
2+ years of relevant diesel/Ag equipment repair experience, preferably some field experience
Working knowledge with hydraulics, electrical and powertrain systems
Previous experience with tractors, combines, hay equipment; tillage equipment and Planters a plus but not required
Possesses the ability to diagnose and repair equipment; is also able to read, follow, understand, and communicate schematics
Personal characteristics: Desire to provide outstanding, professional customer service, strong attention to detail, excellent problem solver, committed, and possesses written and verbal communication skills
Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
Basic computer skills
Own mechanic tool set
Class A CDL or willingness to obtain one within a defined period of time (training cost covered by Ziegler, license cost to employee)
Able to operate equipment safely
This role is deemed safety-sensitive and will be subject to a drug test as a pre-employment requirement
Have additional questions about working at Ziegler CAT in Field Service?Call/text us at: 712-261-6060 or email at:
Minimum Physical Requirements:
Push/pull up to 50 lbs
Lift/carry up to 60 lbs
Lift bulky objects
Standing, walking, using hands, talking, hearing, neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, reach and lift, ladder climb and carry, crawling.
Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
DOT driving requirements:
Applicants must be able to obtain valid Class A CDL, obtain a DOT medical certification card, and pass a DOT pre-employment drug screen and physical.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Ziegler Inc. will reasonably accommodate the known disabilities of qualified disabled individuals.
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qua ified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color or creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission dealing with discrimination, or any other protected class status.
For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights and protections, click here.
For information about your Family and Medical Leave Act rights, click here, and for information about the Employee Polygraph Protection Act, click here.
For information about Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.