IOWA CONTRACT FABRICATORS INC Painter Trainee in Riceville, Iowa
1st and 2nd Shift Available! No experience required! You will recieve all on the job training for this position! Once qualifed you will get moved up to Painter I which comes with a pay increase and bonus! JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for the application of paint and other coatings using electrostatic / air assist paint guns and other automotive type paint application devices on Company products including military spec paint. This position has the knowledge and skills to perform in any and each area of the paint process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Prime, paint, and touchup vehicles with power spray equipment and brushes. Flush tanks, hoses, and guns prior to color changeovers. Mix all types of paints for proper color, formula, conditions, viscosity, and consistency. Perform titrations and mix or adjust chemicals as needed
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment in compliance with safety procedures, rules, and proper 6S standards. Demonstrate best practices to follow all safe procedures in assembling and testing of all models/products in assigned job function
- Upkeep of work area and equipment which may include preventative maintenance tasks. Inspect product before, during, after paint process to ensure specifications are being met.
- Sand, wash, and condition parts as necessary. Light bodywork may be required.
- Inspection of completed parts for quality, validate components meet
- Team member has the knowledge and skills to perform in every area of the paint process. Assist training new team members on processes and equipment functions
- Any other tasks assigned by Supervisor to meet company needs
- Disassemble, clean, repair, adjust and reassemble painting equipment, such as pumps, paint heaters, tanks, spray guns, etc. for proper operation (Repairs are only required in Dodge Center)
- Apply decals, stencils, and rust-proofing as required (Dodge Center only)
*MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
- Eager to learn
*Preferred Qualifications: *
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment