ZIEGLER INC Shop Helper in POSTVILLE, Iowa
Ziegler Cat has an opening for a full-time Shop Utility Person to support our shops. This person will be responsible for the cleanliness of all shops. We are looking for a dedicated employee with a strong work ethic and excellent organizational, customer service, and communication skills to help support our growth.
- Transfers tools, components, parts, equipment and supplies to and from work stations and other areas
- Ships and receives components on nightly shuttle trucks
- Maintains trash, dumpsters, barrels and pallets in the shop and yard
- Provides assistance to other departments as requested
- Promptly greets and assist customers in the yard
- Loads and unloads customer trucks and pick-ups
- Maintains a clean and orderly loading bay area at all times
- Keeps will-call area clean and organized
- Operates the Zamboni throughout Service Shop, Parts/Warehouse
- Cleans and maintains component washers and caustic cleaning tank
- Cleans and maintains entry and exit door cleanliness
- Cleans equipment, as assigned
- Maintains wash basin area, and daily cleaning of the Mart Washer
- Performs weekly inspections and service of the Bead Blaster, cooling tower, and forklift
- Services/maintains shop air compressors
- Assists with tool crib
- Works in a cooperative manner with team and superiors
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2+ year related experience required
- Dependable, self-starter, and hard working
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Team player and willing to help wherever needed
- Maintains safe and organized work area
- Able to operate required equipment safely (examples include forklift, sprayers, Zamboni)
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Push/pull up to 50 lbs
- Lift/carry up to 60 lbs
- Lift bulky objects
- Standing, walking, using hands, talking, hearing, neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, ladder climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, supine overhead reaching, crawling, bin lift, high steps, fingering/grasping - able to use bolt box.
- Working Conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Ziegler Inc. will reasonably accommodate the known disabilities of qualified disabled individuals.
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color or creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission dealing with discrimination, or any other protected class status.
For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights and protections, click here.
For information about your Family and Medical Leave Act rights, click here, and for information about the Employee Polygraph Protection Act, click here.
For information about Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.