Actalent Lab Technician I in Pleasant Hill, Iowa
The Technician I - Virus position works under the close supervision of the Virus Supervisor to grow and maintain cell lines to be infected with viruses and harvested for use in vaccinations. This position ensures products meet both the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and in-house standards. This position requires the ability to multi-task and work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
• Completes cell passes under sterile conditions using aseptic technique via flasks, roller bottles, cell factories, etc.
• Uses laboratory equipment such as microscopes, centrifuges, pumps and scales
• Performs cell counts
• Calculates virus seed usage
• Completes cell infections under sterile conditions using aseptic technique
• Performs weekly cleaning of the production rooms
• Performs pre and post process cleaning of labs
• Cleans and disinfects lab equipment
• Orders supplies from the supply warehouse, weigh master and solutions department
• Monitors inventory amounts in the Virus Production area
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
BS in Life Sciences.
Prior lab experience.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs