SEKISUI Aerospace (Quatro Composites LLC) Engineering Co-op (May - Dec 2024) in ORANGE CITY, Iowa
An exciting aerospace career awaits you in our manufacturing facility in Orange City, Iowa. Apply to join the SEKISUI Aerospace team today!
This position helps with departmental activities as determined and directed by the department manager. This position will be responsible for supporting composite part development and rapid prototyping.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and the frequency with which the tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Support composite part development and rapid prototyping for urban air mobility vehicles
- Blueprint reading
- Hands on part development
- Work instruction creation
- Tool/Fixture design and support
- Process troubleshooting
- Low rate initial production support
- Shadowing members of the assigned department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with daily departmental duties such as research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete records.
- Preparing reports and other documents.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of a departmental team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Help develop process documentation
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about department and operations.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and proven ability to work with detailed information/data.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment, Microsoft Office programs, and basic awareness of ERP module and systems.
- Ability to organize, conduct and schedule meetings.
High School Diploma or GED required. Working towards a related Bachelor\'s degree preferred.
Basic computer and software skills preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is mostly performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk for more than 7 hours a day.
Required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
PPE is provided by SEKISUI Aerospace based on the employee\'s position and exposure.
Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM with an average work week of 20 - 45 hours.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Company Sponsored 401k
SEKISUI Aerospace is located in Renton, WA with facilities in Washington and Iowa. We design, engineer and manufacture composite structures used in commercial aircraft interiors. Examples include primary/secondary structures, sidewalls, ceiling panels, lavatories, bulkheads, overhead bins and crew rests. Additional information can be obtained on our company web site at .
Orange City, IA is located in the northwest corner of Iowa in Sioux County. It is home to two growing school systems, a four-year liberal arts college, the annual Tulip Festival, as well as many large industry and development opportunities. To learn more about the Orange City community please visit .
SEKISUI Aerospace is a Drug Free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen required.
\ 1 \"Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer SEKISUI Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.\"