Michael Foods (M.G. WALDBAUM COMPANY) Packaging Labor - 2nd Shift (Part Time) in NORWALK, Iowa
Business Unit Overview
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that\'s First in Food.
Location Description Michael Foods, Inc. located in Norwalk, Iowa is a southern suburb in the Des Moines, Iowa metropolitan area. We are known for knowing our neighbors and enjoying a great quality of life! Our location produces high quality precooked egg patties as well as various French Toast products. Responsibilities
The purpose of the packer is to pack finished high quality frozen egg products in cases according to customer specifications. The packer fills and folds omelets and prepares them for freezing; monitors and picks off defective egg products that do not meet customer specifications. Customers and the public benefit from the work packers do by the high quality, safe product they package.
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety and Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sort, count, and pack frozen egg products according to customer specifications while keeping pace with machinery and the conveyor system.
- Conduct quality checks on the product and packaging using a computerized system.
- Fold and inspect the required products.
- Read scales and check case weights according to customer specifications.
- Lift and carry up to 30 lbs. safely.
- Work in teams ensuring that the conveyor system does not back up and become jammed with product.
- Rotate to different positions during shift.
- Determine if product meets proper specifications or not and take corrective action as needed.
- Assist in the general good housekeeping of the area.
- Inspect products to verify proper size, shape, and color. May sort out any product damages that occurred during the freezing process or otherwise not conforming to company and customer set standards.
- Assume personal responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow all GMP\'s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Ensure regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.