The Raymond Corporation Machine Shop Manager, 1st Shift - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
Machine Shop Manager, 1st Shift
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Under minimum supervision, plans, organizes, implements, and manages the activities, resources and people for assigned projects and functional areas of responsibility, ensuring goals and objectives clearly support the Company’s Strategic Plan for Dept. 8. Provides leadership and guidance to subordinates.
- Working with Manager, assists with the development of project plans, goals and objectives in support of the company’s Strategic Plan. Cascades information regarding Strategic Plan to subordinates to ensure functional areas is fully aligned with organization.
- Provides support with budget development. Manages budget and utilizes corporate resources to maximize effectiveness, recognizing the group’s impact on the corporate bottom line.
- Mentors and coaches employees, sharing job specific knowledge. Encourages training and development opportunities.
- Manages performance through clear objective setting; engages in timely and meaningful performance appraisals and discussions to foster an environment of open communication.
- Demonstrates functional expertise, business acumen, and technical competencies and provides leadership in these areas.
- Creates an environment that fosters and supports continuous improvement and demonstrates a sense of urgency that results in a commitment to quality results.
- Understands customer requirements and focuses on high leverage opportunities to ensure customer satisfaction. Ensures employees understand their customer needs and ensures excellent relationships with external and internal customers.
- Focuses on breaking down organizational barriers. Promotes an environment of collaboration, trust, and professional relationships. Demonstrates high level of commitment to teamwork and supports cross-functional team involvement.
- Sets an example by treating all employees with dignity and respect, and by applying consistent and fair implementation of company policies across functional areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing. Demonstrates excellent listening skills to foster an environment of two-way, open communication in all interactions.
- Champions safety as an integral part of everyone’s job and holds self and employees accountable to highest standard of safe conduct.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift
- This is an entry-level management role within the organization. Four or more years of professional and/or management experience is required
It would be great if you had:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Experience in the technical competencies of the functional areas of responsibility
About the total compensation package:
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program