The Raymond Corporation Assistant Team Leader - 6k Assembly - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
Assistant Team Leader – 6K
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Working in a Toyota Production System (TPS) environment, the Assistant Team Leader (ATL): coaches, mentors, provides leadership to, and facilitates on-the-job and other specified training for employees in functional area of responsibility. A portion of work time will likely be spent performing the same duties as employees on the production line. Performs work under limited supervision. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to others.
- Safety: Recognizes that ensuring a safe work environment is everyone’s responsibility. Acts and utilizes equipment in a manner that ensures an incident-free work environment.
- Communication Skills: Provides concise, consistent and clear communications, both verbally and in writing. Actively listens, learns and asks clarifying questions. Solicits input; seeks to understand others and their ideas. Verbal and written communication skills are appropriate for job requirements.
- Drive for Quality/Continuous Improvement: Achieves quality results. Expresses a consistent passion to exceed customer expectations making customer satisfaction a priority. Identifies, takes ownership of and effectively resolves problems in a timely manner. Implements improvements and looks for ways to eliminate redundancy and/or waste to better support the business for long-term solutions.
- Ethical/Professional Conduct/Policy Compliance: Acts with integrity, demonstrates reliability, maintains a positive professional environment and regularly behaves in a manner consistent with our desired culture. Arrives on time and is available for work when expected. Understands and complies with Company policies and practices.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skills: Demonstrates competency to the full extent of responsibility. Demonstrates job-relevant knowledge and essential skills, such as work practices, policies, procedures, laws, customer service, and technical information, as well as the relationship of their work to the organization's mission. Remains current in field of expertise.
- Teamwork/Interpersonal Skills: Works well with others, collaborates and lends expertise to achieve or exceed required results. Fosters cooperation and communication to facilitate consensus and accomplish tasks. Builds and maintains trust and professional relationships. Acts in a manner consistent with Toyoda Precepts including commitment, teamwork and humility.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st Shift
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- An Associate’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Two or more years of experience working in the functional area of responsibility is required.
- Successful completion of the company’s ATL curriculum program in the first year of being in the position is required.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries ranging from $21.94 - $28.08 per hour depending on experience. Relocation - This position may qualify for relocation. Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- 10 paid vacation days
- Vacation on day 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program