NCI GROUP, INC. Plant Manager in MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa
Company DescriptionJob Description
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Plant Manager is responsible for all daily operations of the plant including production, planning, inventory management, production control, shipping, and communications cross-functional and to customers. This role is the site leader and ensures company policies and procedures are followed across the plant. The plant manager is responsible to develop and integrate processes that will improve performance in safety, quality, cost, and customer delivery.
- Drive safety performance in the plant by engaging all team members in identifying, analyzing, and taking actions to reduce risks
- Plan, organize, direct and drive optimum day-to-day operations performance to exceed our internal and customers\' expectations
- Increase production efficiencies, asset utilization, capacity when needed, and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining or improving on current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with current strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus to the plant team in alignment with those initiatives
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions when defects or incidents occur
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime to drive projects and actions to reduce waste
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets and resources
- Address employees\' issues or grievances and ensure the plant morale is good while protecting the interests of the company and our customers
- Proven work experience as a plant manager in a manufacturing facility
- Proven managerial experience and demonstrated skillset driving continuous improvement
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy with strength in Microsoft excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- BS degree in Business Management or related field
- Experience in metal fabrication
- Experience in metal buildings, welding, and/or roll forming operations a plus
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watchhttps://youtu.be/8xhLyv175gIhttps://youtu.be/S1kAZ11FOL0 Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identit , sexual orientation or national origin.