Heidelberg Materials US, Inc. Instrumentation Supervisor in Mason City, Iowa
Pay Class: Salaried Exempt
Minimum Pay Rate: $78,800.00
Maximum Pay Rate: $118,100.00
The Role and the Company
Heidelberg Materials is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada.
The Instrumentation Supervisor will be based in Mason City, IA, and will report to the Maintenance Manager.
What You Will Do
• Ensure personnel follows all company and MSHA safety standards contributing to the company's quest for zero mishaps and safety incidents.
• Lead & Supervise Instrumentation personnel in plant maintenance and repair activities. Train, Develop and supervise Instrument Fitters.
• Oversee the use of resources and tools to maintain costs within departmental budgetary constraints. Assist the Manager in creating a budget each year to update and keep instrumentation reliable.
• Use the SAP work order system to maintain a schedule of Preventative Maintenance work orders every week to keep plant instrumentation and valves operating to standards.
• Test, calibrate, and install industrial instruments. Also maintain records of repairs, calibrations, and tests with CMMS-SAP
• Consult with operators, supervisors, and engineers to plan the layout of equipment and resolve problems in system operation and maintenance.
• Converse with equipment operators to ascertain whether mechanical or human error contributed to equipment breakdowns.
• Inspect components of equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
• Coordinate Planning to fix instruments properly: In some cases coordinate planning with the mechanical maintenance or the Production department to repair defective components and their installation through teamwork, the use of hand tools, calibration tools, and technical documents.
Essential Experience and Skills
• Diploma or degree in instrumentation or a related field
• A minimum of five years of experience in a similar function
• Strong degree of knowledge of instrumentation and control systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, and SAP
• Exceptional skills in gathering, analyzing and interpreting data to ensure success in completing work under tight project deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly developed attention to detail. But also, the ability to multitask.
• Flexible to work extended hours in a seasonal work-driven market
• Role operates mainly in a production environment.
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
Heidelberg Materials is a drug-free work environment.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Heidelberg Materials US, Inc.
- Heidelberg Materials US, Inc. Jobs