Michael Foods (M.G. WALDBAUM COMPANY) Internship - Continuous Improvement Engineering Internship in LENOX, Iowa
The continuous improvement engineering internship position is involved in productivity analysis and implementation of process improvement activities at Michael Foods, Inc. This position should also build capability and provide a pipeline of future talent for Michael Foods.
Be part of the plant continuous improvement team; assist process improvement with industrial engineer on the development of projects and/or process improvement. Major responsibilities include:
- OEE and downtime calculations
- Data collection and manipulation
- Process capability analysis
- Build up spreadsheets and perform other calculation as needed
- Work with plant engineer and maintenance on equipment trouble shooting and process improvement
- Be in a team environment and support other team members for activities
- Communicate cross-functionally to assist team to solve process issues
- Assist in conducting presentations and formal training programs
- Assist in developing team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short and long term performance goals
- Assist in organizing and facilitation team meetings to achieve process continuous improvement process.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelors or Masters Degree program related to mechanical, industrial, chemical or electrical engineering field.
- Understand the engineering principles; having a basic understanding on heat transfers and being able to conduct some basic thermodynamic calculation. Passing the Fundamental Engineering Test is expected but not required.
- Basic understanding on OEE, plant performance, root cause analysis, process continuous improvement and Six Sigma tools/improvement cycles; excellent verbal and oral communication skills and be able to influence others.
- Strong statistical skills include but not limited to statistical process control (SPC), capability analysis, linear regressions, categorical data analysis and design of experiment (DOE).
- Strong computer competency; some programming experience is expected but not required: such as Excel-VBA and SQL. Understanding on database will be a plus.
- Be able to work 10 consecutive weeks during the months of May through August 2019.
- Eager to learn and challenge yourself; self-directed, detail oriented, reliable and strong initiative.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.