Wells Enterprises, Inc. Sanitation Specialist - Days in Le Mars, Iowa
Comprehensive Relocation Package up to \$5,000!!\ Pay: Starting rate of \$25.63/hr with pay increases at 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months. Top rate of pay at 12 months is \$28.46/hr.\ Free Housing for up to 30 days with Relocation!\
Under the direction of the sanitation supervisor, responsible for the manual cleaning of the plant and equipment within the manufacturing facilities. Assist to ensure the work group follows company standards and plant standard work and operating procedures. A majority of the work time is spent performing many of the same duties as work group members to ensure sanitation processes are completed on schedule and in accordance with procedural food safety requirements.\ \ Primary responsibilities include:
- Functions as a technical resource and executes the sanitation and/or COP processes including breaking down and setting up equipment for sanitation processes. This includes but is not limited to process piping assembly, ingredient feeders, ice cream fillers, product transfer equipment and conveyors. Responsible for troubleshooting any mechanical, quality or product issues in partnership with other support functions.
- Makes sound judgments based upon analysis and experience, sometimes with limited information and under tight deadlines while being mindful of the impact to SQDC.
- Identifies opportunities and prioritizes the activities that will positively impact SQDC, usingcontinuous improvement while engaging team members within the Sanitation Group. Identifies mission critical tasks, eliminates roadblocks and creates focus for team members.
- Serves as a responsible steward of safety. Proactively identifies safety issues, including acknowledging both safe and unsafe behaviors. Regularly monitors and promotes Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Assists to ensure line crews adhere to established work practices (Standard Work/SOPs), Master Cleaning Schedule (MCS), and Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Solves difficult problems by using logic and methods with effective solutions. Probes for answers, looks beyond the obvious and gathers all the facts to find the root cause of problems. Ensures sanitation processes are conducted effectively. Works closely with support groups for resolution of issues. New hire training as necessary.
- Serves as a model in terms of effective, appropriate, and respectful communication, both verbally and written. Executes shift handoffs for area of responsibility. Emphasizes the values of trust, integrity and respect during all communications with sanitation group members.
- Assists supervisor with assigning team responsibility, making decisions, and setting clear objectives. Takes line ownership and responsibility for metrics such as Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. Monitors process, progress, and results on a regular basis. Paperwork and data entry as required. Working closely with the sanitation supervisor, ensures work group is appropriately trained.
Approximate shift start time of 10:00 AM.\ \ Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package available after sixty days of employment and the following first of the month. Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision/Flex, PTO, and Holiday Pay, 401k, Tuition Assistance, ST/LT Disability and more!\
- 18 years old with no high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous sanitation experience preferred
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application atwww.wellscareers.com\ \ Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled\
Interested in a sweet career
Wells Enterprises, Inc. is looking for talented, energetic professionals who want to grow their careers and make an impact at a major Consumer Package Goods company. Work on leading ice cream brands alongside the most brilliant, innovative brand builders in the country, an have access to ultra-modern facilities. This is an exciting time at Wells Enterprises, Inc, and we are looking for bright dynamic professionals with the knowledge to make a difference here. Come see how life here is so hoppin\' good!\