Wells Enterprises Inc. Assistant Machine Operator - Days in Le Mars, Iowa
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12799840 \$5,000 Hiring Bonus - Will not fluctuate from Days to Nights!
Comprehensive Relocation Package up to \$5,000!!
Pay: Starting rate of \$25.35/hr with pay increases at 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months. Top rate of pay at 12 months is \$28.16/hr.
FREE Temporary Housing with Relocation while securing Permanent Housing!
We are looking for applicants experienced in production work who are motivated to lead, partner, and work with a team to make our industry leading ice cream based products.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for adhering to all safe work procedures and practices of safety, and proactively identifies safety issues.
- Communicates effectively, appropriately, and respectfully with each member of the organization. Emphasizes the values of trust, integrity and respect during all communications within the organization.
- Perform all routine work on the assigned line in addition to Assistant Machine Operator tasks as assigned by Supervisor, filling in for Crew Leader when needed.
- Assists in providing effective solutions to difficult problems by using logic and problem solving skills. Develops critical thinking skills by looking beyond the obvious to contribute to finding the facts in support of defining the root cause of problems.
- Supports a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset by participating in continuous improvement initiatives through communication and by engaging team.
- Exhibits strong individual responsibility towards the delivery of team metrics relating to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Uses sound decision making skills in the execution of general production duties based on company documented processes and procedures, adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices.
Approximate shift start times are between 2:50 AM - 7:50 AM with normal shift lengths of 10 -12 hours. Schedules are posted two weeks in advance with a degree of flexibility required. Positions require frequent weekend work.
Comprehensive benefits package available first of the month following 60 days of employment. Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision/Flex, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401k, Tuition Assistance, ST/LT Disability and more. Opportunities for promotion and growth.