Valero Process Operator - Lakota Ethanol Plant in LAKOTA, Iowa
Oversees the daily operation of an assigned area of the production process within the plant. Working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule while maintaining a safe work environment. Monitors and maintains production quality and equipment, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
- Monitors and controls plant operations.
- Reviews the operation of the plant constantly to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Documents and monitors process variables, sample data and routine tasks as required for postion, to ensure plant operations are maintained within operating parameters.
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Control program, interprets results, and takes appropriate action when required.
- Communicates with all departments within the facility to ensure safe and efficient execution of daily plant activites.
- Monitors and troubleshoot process issues and equipment.
- Performs scheduled Operations Work Requests as requested by Supervisor or Plant Management.
- Prepares equipment to ensure it is safe for maintenance/contractors to perform scheduled work.
- Utilizes company safe work practices to ensure all work is performed safely.
- Participates in safety, health, and environmental programs (LOTO-lock out tag out, Safe Work Permit, FSMA-Food Safety Modernization Act).
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Monitors use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned to maintain a safe, reliable, and consistant operation.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
Please click on the following link to view what the Process Operator job involves on a day to day basis:Realistic Job Preview
* High school diploma or GED required. * Associate Degree in Process Technology or equivalent preferred. * Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
Valero’s pre-employment process includes successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
About Valero Renewables – Lakota
Valero's Lakota ethanol plant is located in Lakota, Iowa, about 30 miles southeast of Fairmont, Minnesota. The bio-refinery sits on 78 acres and started ethanol production in November 2002. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Lakota plant annually processes nearly 39 million bushels of corn into 110 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery has a nameplate capacity of 85 million gallons of ethanol per year and employs approximately 60 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-IA-Lakota
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2022, 1:07:03 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 22001IG
- Valero Jobs