GE Appliances, a Haier company Tooling Technician in LaFayette, Georgia
USA, LaFayette, GA
Job Posting Title
The Tooling Technician is an integral part of daily plant operations.
What you will Do
The principal responsibilities of the Tooling Technician include:
• Perform all day-to-day tool room activities, reaction to production demands as directed.
• Capability to Repair dies using basic and advanced equipment (surface grinders, CNC equipment, Machining Center, Wire EDM).
• Experience with CNC Programming using CAD Cam and SolidWorks is a Plus.
• Machinery includes Surface Grinding, Manual Milling, Manual lathes.
• Disassemble, clean and re-assemble complex dies and document findings via PM check sheets.
• Evaluate condition and determine improvements needed in existing dies and communicate those to the Tool-Room leader or Tooling Engineer.
• Follow tooling preventative maintenance procedures.
• Conduct die troubleshooting as needed and Observe tool condition and report for corrections.
• Knowledge of polishing draw dies to minimize the coefficient of friction.
• Works safely and supports Five S initiatives.
• Supports Tool-Room Leader, Production, and Engineering. Has the ability to learn and expand tool room skills and accept new challenges.
• Support overtime thru the week and weekends on rotational basis.
What you need to Succeed
Successful candidates for the Tooling Technician role should have strong die trouble shooting skills, AutoCAD, CAD-CAM experience and be able to work in hot and humid industrial manufacturing environment.
Additional requirements for applicants to the Tooling Technician role include:
• HS diploma or equivalent required. 2-year degree from an accredited technical college or post-secondary school with emphasis in Tool and Die or minimum of five years on the job training with industrial manufacturing facility. Journeyman certification is preferred.
• 5-10 years of experience in maintaining or building dies in the stamping industry.
• Good understanding of die maintenance and upkeep.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and die designs.
• Experience and Knowledge of Machining Center, Programming, set- up, and operation is a plus.
• CNC EDM set up and operation experience is a plus.
• Experience as a Machinist, or Die-Maker’s Helper is a plus.
• A strong desire to accept tooling challenges and take them on to help the company succeed is a must.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Appliances, a Haier company
- GE Appliances, a Haier company Jobs