Corteva Agriscience Plant Pathology Research Intern in Johnston, Iowa
Grow what's next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscience is seeking highly motivated students for internship/co-op opportunities within our Plant Pathology organization in Johnston, Iowa. The qualified candidates are expected to effectively contribute to ongoing research and will have responsibilities focused on plant disease trials and inoculum production systems. This includes assistance in the execution of disease bioassays in controlled environments (greenhouse or grow-rooms), field environments, and lab-related processes including isolations, preserving, culturing, inoculating, and phenotyping important fungi, bacteria, and nematodes.
Responsibilities - What You'll Do:
· Follow the direction of supervisor(s) to assist with lab and/or controlled environment activities.
· Follow company safety policies, protocols, and procedures, and ensure a safe working environment for self and team members.
· Provide technical support and conduct experiments with a respectful, collaborative, and positive team spirit.
Qualifications - What You'll Bring:
· Currently enrolled in a B.S, M.S, or Ph.D. program, with a minimum of 3.0 GPA, in a Plant Pathology, Agronomy, Biology, or a Plant Sciences related program.
· Enrolled in classes for the Fall of 2024.
· Completed at least one year of studies before the start of the internship.
· Able to relocate to Johnston, IA for the duration of the internship.
· Available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for 10 weeks between May and August. This internship will be 100% onsite.
· Creative thinking and ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/experiments.
· Ability to maintain complete, accurate, and timely records of experimental data and procedures.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Ability to frequently lift materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
· Prior laboratory knowledge and experience is preferred.
· Some tasks may require working in environments with elevated concentrations of pollen, dust, or mold.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
Accessibility Page for Contact Information
For US Applicants: See the ‘Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law’ poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs