Cardinal Health Manager, Strategic Sourcing (Branded Pharmaceuticals) in Iowa
What Strategic Sourcing contributes to Cardinal Health
Global Sourcing is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. Develops and executes strategic plans by leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation. The Brand Rx team owns the manufacturer relationships and serves as the main point of contact for Cardinal Health. They also own the distribution agreements, metric compliance and in some cases purchasing. Brand Rx is responsible for distribution agreement negotiations, strategy, profitability, and performance to budget.
This role will work closely with the Director to develop and maintain a process necessary to support CAHs Biosimilar Programs and Services by maximizing fees through margin discipline and value creation in the market.
The manager will develop and maintain an annual contract renewal process, collaborate with finance and the Biosimilar team to create supplier level financial and market packet, create customized Biosimilar contract management dashboard and repository, and collaborate across pillars and channels to provide analytical, contracting and negotiation support for all Branded, Specialty and Generic Suppliers launching Biosimilars. The manager will be responsible for Biosimilar distribution and National Logistics Center agreement negotiations, supplier strategy, profitability, and performance to budget. This role will partner with biosimilar manufacturers to collect feedback on gap services and market CAH solutions and suite of services, in addition to highlighting CAH market share data to continually showcase CAH as a market leader. Ultimately, their work and collaboration with the Biosimilar analyst will help maximize our fee for service and program value by providing data-enabled and market insights on risks and opportunities for margin growth (eg. Formulary positioning, supplier acquisition/divestiture activity, and co-branding deals).
Location : Fully remote
- Participate in and lead Distribution Service Agreement (DSA) and National Logistics Center (NLC) negotiations with Brand Biosimilar pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Develop negotiation plan; review contract terms and conditions to maximize buy income and manage risk
- Manage to buy income argets for assigned manufacturers
- Complete manual buys and actively manage DSA performance metrics
- Actively manage inventory and service levels for assigned manufacturers
- Build and maintain relationships with Brand Rx pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Work with Global Sourcing teams to leverage and incorporate best practices into negotiations
- Leverage breadth of Cardinal Health services to create upstream value for manufacturers
- Work closely with Finance teams to ensure buy income is received and open disputes are resolved
- Utilize business and market data for defined categories to identify strategic opportunities with manufacturers
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably with Sourcing experience
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at all levels of technical ability and expertise
- Ability to effectively work cross functionally with various departments
- Knowledge and practical experience in the healthcare industry, preferably with pharmaceutical products and manufacturers
- Practical experience negotiating contracts and managing conflict resolution
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs