Valero Manager Grains Procurement - Ethanol Plant in HARTLEY, Iowa
Responsible for the grains origination program at ethanol production plant by performing the following duties while supporting the goals and objectives of the commodities group and the Company.
- Purchases corn supply as required from producers and grain elevators in accordance with guidelines provided.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with area producers, marketing groups, and elevators and effectively communicates local market intelligence with broader Valero grain team.
- Supervises the Commodities Assistant or Grain Procurement Representative positions.
- Determines appropriate cash contracts for the region.
- Manages grain purchase position as well as truck logistics with suppliers and plant inventory levels to meet plant demand and in accordance with inventory and rotation guidelines.
- Enters purchase contracts into accounting system and maintains and manages grain records and documentation in compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Works with accounting department as required to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payments to producers and elevators.
- Works with plant shipping and receiving department to ensure efficient receiving process, manage grain quality with a focus on a high level of customer service.
Communicates grain purchasing and pricing to the corporate hedge group in an effectively and timely manner.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Relocation assistance is available.
* Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in business or related field required. * Ten years purchasing experience in an agriculture, grain, or manufacturing sector required. * Experience providing customer service to farmers, grain elevator personnel, and truck drivers preferred. * Supervisory experience preferred.
Valero’s pre-employment process includes successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
About Valero Renewables – Hartley
Valero's Hartley ethanol plant is located near Hartley, Iowa, about 100 miles east and south of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The bio-refinery sits on approximately 350 acres and started ethanol production in August 2008. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Hartley plant annually processes approximately 48 million bushels of corn into approximately 135 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery employs approximately 65 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on a website that lists an estimated salary rate/range, it was not provided by Valero. Valero’s market specific salary rate/range will be provided during the recruiting process and tends to be higher than what is estimated by such websites.
Job: Marketing %26 Supply/Wholesale/Trading/Transportation
Primary Location: US-IA-Hartley
Job Posting: Jan 3, 2024, 10:20:57 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 2400107
- Valero Jobs