VERMEER MANUFACTURING COMPANY Facilities Maintenance Specialist in Griswold, Iowa
Who We Are
Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
1 - First Shift
Are you the type of person who thrives on using your practical skills to tackle technical challenges? In this role you will install, inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair production machinery, equipment, physical structures, piping, and electrical systems. We\'re looking for a multi-talented maintenance team member to ensure business continuity and operational excellence by keeping our facility and equipment functional. Who We Are Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
What You\'ll Do
1. Plan and coordinate maintenance work within the areas of equipment support, construction, electrical/HVAC, or yards/grounds.
2. Perform and accurately record scheduled preventative maintenance procedures on a variety of equipment including but not limited to hoists, paint systems, machining equipment, heavy equipment or fork trucks.
3. Respond to service requests for equipment and systems. Identify, recommend countermeasures, and resolve most abnormality conditions.
4. Analyze root cause failure and present options or recommendations for resolution of the issue.
5. Installation, relocation, dismantling and repair of machines/equipment including new and repaired parts, wiring, and utility tie-ins safety checks and start-up functions.
6. Operate a variety of tools and equipment within the context of duties including but not limited to lifting systems, cutting torches, welding equipment, monitoring devices, or hand and power tools.
What We\'re Looking For
- 2 year technical degree in maintenance related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification or ability to obtain licensure in job related equipment including but not limited to forklifts, backhoes, or skyjacks.
- Electrical/HVAC apprenticeship preferred but not required.
- 4 years experience in basic trades maintenance (including but not limited to construction, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and/or electrical systems).
- Ability to effectively manage time to meet department, production, and company schedules.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Occasional travel is expected of this position.
ONSITE: A team member\'s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Vermeer Corporation, we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions at (641) 621-8767 or at .
Interested? We\'d love to get to know you.
All qualified applicants will receive cons deration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.