VESTAS AMERICAN WIND TECHNOLOGY INC Technician II in Greenfield, Iowa
Tech II Southern Hills,IA
We are looking for dedicated technicians who are enthusiastic about preserving our planet through clean, renewable wind energy. As a Vestas technician, you'll put your electrical, hydraulic,
and mechanical experience to work, ensuring your safety, and the safety of your team.
- Closely adhere to all safety standards and procedures. Act as a safety role model, encourage and
- recognize others completing safe acts and intervene when unsafe acts are being practiced. Identify
- Demonstrate and promote integrity, strong initiative, a no-compromise focus on safety, and quality of work on a
- continuous basis.
- Proficient operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialized calibration, hydraulic, power.
- tools) and basic turbine equipment. Document tasks where required and enters data into company.
- system (e.g. SAP).
- Effectively gather information regarding turbine performance / issues. May diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions up to intermediate routine issues. Seek assistance when encountering turbine.
- Follow basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to
- Include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge).
- Independently initiate and perform most work tasks, as well as follow defined instructions and maintenance.
- Schedules, executing plans as directed, and perform according to written and verbal instruction from higher.
- Effectively promote strong team environment by assisting teammates in accomplishing goals and mentoring.
- Proactively look for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and
- Communicate through appropriate channels or implement improvements using the appropriate control management protocol.
- Interface with customer and may respond to customer inquiries. Refer complex customer inquiries to higher.
- Level technical staff or manager. Always demonstrate strong customer focus.
- This role requires that the employee drives and maintain a valid driver's license.
You have a High School Diploma or equivalent You have at least 1 year of technical wind industry experience, OR six (6) months of technical wind industry experience and a certificate of completion from a wind technician program, OR a minimum of three (3) years' electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, composite skills, or heavy machinery experience. You can climb stairs and ladders while carrying up to 50 lbs. in weight You have experience with the use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools. (eg Flukemeter functions and hydraulic pressure
gauge) You hold a valid driver's license You have basic computer operation skills, are familiar with internet-based program navigation and have the ability to generate and interpret computer data You have the ability to read, interpret, and understand drawings and schematics and attention to detail to follow safety protocols (e.g. Confined space, Energy isolation). You can effectively communicate with customers and collaborate with co-workers.
Applicants must meet and comply with requirements and limitations of relevant PPE and safety equipment as well as
demonstrate the following:
Ability to constantly climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height, to access work area.
Ability to frequently lift, push, pull, and carry items up to 50 lbs in weight.
Ability to frequently walk, stand, look up/down, balance, stoop, twist, kneel, and bend.
Ability to constantly grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools and turbine parts.
Comfort constantly working in confined spaces and at heights over 1 0 meters.
Ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write in English.
Ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including controlled decent.
Ability to hear and see, including the ability to perceive depth and distinguish colors, sufficient to
perform job functions and use close range radios.
Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
Comfort working remotely in a Turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction.
Ability to work in a respirator, including passing a respirator medical evaluation and fit test (required to be clean shaven) as some assignments may require respirator use.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer fully funded healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
About Vestas Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore. Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field. With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution - today, tomorrow, and far into the future. Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity. To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants?requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People and Culture department.