GEORGIA-PACIFIC Production Operator in FORT DODGE, Iowa
Start a new career with Georgia-Pacific, one of the world's leading manufacturers of Building Products and Consumer Products. We are hiring for entry-level manufacturing positions at our
Fort Dodge, IA facility.
This is an entry level position starting at
$23.58 per hour. (Pay rate increase opportunities within 4 weeks as operators train and develop new skills). We offer full medical and dental benefits, life insurance, a 401K matching program, paid holidays, paid vacation days and paid floating holidays each year.
Production Operator work in a fast-paced industrial environment that is transforming with technological advancements that make the work environment safer and more efficient. This role will perform various functions within the production department that may include operating controls, performing quality control checks and support the production team during a
twelve-hour rotating shift.
Safety is a shared value at Georgia-Pacific, and we walk-the-talk through employee involvement in every facet of our operation. Opportunities for advancement are only limited by your initiative and ability to create value in a business that is solid, growing, and reinvesting in new technologies for enhanced safety, quality, reliability, and employee fulfillment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring that machines are set up properly and performing optimally
- Troubleshooting and making machine adjustments as needed
- Contributing to the site's safety record by ensuring the team works safely
- Performing basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Cleaning work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Performing tasks such as lifting (up to 50 pounds), walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve 12 hours a day in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Work flexible starting times, rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- High school diploma or GED
- At least one (1) year of previous experience working in a production, warehouse, industrial, farming, construction, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience working with construction materials i.e. lumber, gypsum, plaster, brick, insulation, etc.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophyhere.
Who We Are
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Eq al Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf