Lowe's Industrial Engineer - SSC in Findlay, Ohio
The primary responsibility for this role is to partner across SC Industrial Engineering, Operations, and other cross functional teams to drive Network performance including productivity, accuracy, capacity, efficiency, and process design. This role’s responsibilities include project management, business analysis, budgeting support, facility layout, product flow, and change management. While performing these responsibilities, the individual will conduct data collection, analysis, leverage engineering tools, and have frequent engagement with multiple stakeholders.
*• * Manages complex capital and/or expense projects that potentially impact the entire SC Distribution Network. This include all aspects of the project management life cycle with support from engineering leadership as needed for larger projects.
• Manages Labor Optimization projects that impact the entire SC Distribution Network.
• Manages designated work stream to meet customer and business needs by translating business plans into tactical action items; communicating goals and objectives; overseeing work individual assignments; aligning team efforts; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; assuming responsibility for decision making.
• Conducts data collection for various process improvement efforts.
• Engage with the DC management team to keep apprised of issues and opportunities, lending the engineering perspective to guide the facility towards the most ideal and strategic course of action.
• Supports facility layout design and ergonomic studies to increase productivity while maintaining safety.
• Supports larger projects and process improvements including Six Sigma Lean, Kaizen events, rapid improvement events.
• Provides input to budgeting and process improvement at an enterprise level.
• Other tasks and assignments as needed.
*• * Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field OR 3 years of experience in industrial engineering
• Experience in time and motion studies, engineered labor standards development and implementation
• Experience with a warehouse management system
• Experience managing a cross-functional project from conception to implementation
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs