ARAMARK Maintenance Supervisor - Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa
The Maintenance Supervisor plans, organizes, schedules, assigns, and evaluates the work of subordinates and provides training and counseling as needed. Assures adequate supplies, materials and equipment are available to crew; orders supplies, and materials as needed. Works with other management.
• Supervises and participates in building and facilities maintenance and repair
• Assures that proper safety standards and precautions are followed
• Inspects completed work to ensure work is completed accurately
• Ensures that equipment is in proper working order
• Supervises the maintenance of equipment
• Operates tools and equipment of the building maintenance and construction trades in a safe and effective manner as needed
• Train and counsel subordinate employees
• Prepares cost estimates on proposed projects
• Prepares and maintains records for weekly and monthly reports
• Keep records and prepare reports
• Prepares time records for payroll purposes
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
• Requires at least 5 years of progressive, responsible experience in one or more of the skilled trades
• Leadership skills and experience preferred
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent experience
• Considerable knowledge of practices, methods, and techniques pertaining to building, grounds and facilities maintenance and repair
• Must be well organized, computer literate with solid understanding of MS office software
• Ability to communicate optimally, both orally and in writing
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license
• Must understand the value of a work order system to support implementation of CMMS
• Experience with CMMS systems and building management systems is a plus
• A universal refrigeration certificate a plus
• Considerable knowledge of safety standards and precautions pertaining to building and facilities maintenance and repair and the use of power tools
• Training in government safety regulations a plus where applicable
• Ability to work long hours in inclement weather and emergency situations, such as snow removal operations, storms, etc.
• Ability to effectively communicate on radios; and hear over equipment noise
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, vendors, and the public
• Ability to wear a respirator and/or self-contained breathing apparatus as outlined in the Industrial Standard for Respirator Use
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.
- ARAMARK Jobs