DAYBREAK FOODS INC Line Worker in Eagle Grove, Iowa
This position is a Processing Line Worker in a Food Processing (Eggs) company. Under the direction of the Processing Supervisor, this position performs various tasks ensuring the highest quality product possible.
Food Safety and Food Quality\
- Perform all functions of the position with strict adherence to all HACCP, SQF, cGMP\'s, and regulatory protocols.
- Follows food safety principals.
- Ensure that products and materials are handled and stored in such a way as to prevent damage or product contamination.
- Examine product to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Maintain compliance with the personnel and process hygiene requirements.
- Grades and aligns eggs entering the washer section.
- Provides for smooth transition of eggs from main egg belt conveyor to the accumulating station.
- Keeps area clean, tracks inedible, dumps inedible into auger.
- Cleans washer screens.
- Performs chemical checks, foam control in washers and works re-wash eggs back into egg flow.
- Grades eggs from the washers per SOP.
- Provides for smooth transition of eggs from transfer room to breaking machine.
- Keeps area clean.
- Assists as needed during breaks and clean up.
- Grades broken eggs from the breaking machine removing bad or blood spot eggs and shells from cups.
- Performs clean up duties meeting USDA standards in Breaking, Transfer, and Shell rooms after production shift has ended.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in Food Manufacturing or Processing desirable.
- Safety programs and processes, such as Confined Space, LOTO, Hazcom, etc.
- Equipment operation
Stand and walk constantly; grip, grasp, push, pull, reach, bend, stoop, lift up to 10 pounds frequently; sit, climb, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and water, and chemicals. Temperature is regulated for operations standards. Cooler temperatures occur in specific areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Proper personal protective equipment will be required during certain working conditions. Employees are required to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP\'s) due to working in a food manufacturing environment (hairnets, clean clothes, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor\'s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)