DAYBREAK FOODS INC Bio Building Attendant - Housekeeper in Eagle Grove, Iowa
The Bio Building Attendant is responsible for shuttling all stakeholders/crews around the facility while complying with and enforcing bio-security procedures, cleaning all areas of bio-building and laundering uniforms.
- Ensure the security of chickens and the premises by keeping all facility doors locked to protect birds from predators, external climate and unauthorized personnel
- Document completed tasks on a daily and weekly basis
- Sweep and clean different areas of the buildings and hallways
- Janitorial duties of cleaning break room, restrooms, truck wash area, offices, etc..
- Responsible for sorting, washing and drying of uniforms and footwear
- Distribute safety supplies
- Request needed safety supplies, material, parts, etc. to designated department procurement stakeholder
- Perform pre-operation inspection on all vehicles and equipment
- Transport stakeholders/crews around different locations on the facility if needed
- Maintain site shuttle
- Implement bio-security procedures for all employees, visitors, vendors and contractors entering site
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalency preferred
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- One year experience in production agricultural environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be self-directed and organized
- Ability to track and document all activities with correct forms and paperwork
- Ability to communicate so that others will understand both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of agricultural operations preferred
- Capability to interact with individuals from diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- Record of good attendance with a flexible schedule
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a team
Stand and walk constantly; grip, grasp, push, pull, reach, bend, stoop, lift up to 10 pounds frequently; sit, climb, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and airborne particles. Temperature varies in relation to the outside temperature. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Proper personal protective equipment will be required during certain working conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)