BIMBO BAKERIES USA Supervisor Distribution in DUBUQUE, Iowa
Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas\' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann\'s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA! More than 20,000 associates in bakeries, sales centers, offices and on sales routes work to ensure our consumers have the freshest products at every meal. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we provide a safe and inclusive work environment that appreciates diversity, promotes development and allows our associates to be their authentic selves.
The Distribution Supervisor will have direct responsibility for the shift supervised and full accountability for the Shipping and/or Transport operations, employee relations, order accuracy, and employee safety issues during that shift.
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Responsible for day-to-day associate relations as well as meeting department safety objectives.
* Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
* Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste within the Region while striving for efficiency and profitability.
* Coordinate the Shipping and Transport schedule and work closely with other departments.
* Schedule, assign and direct workforce.
* Train, monitor and evaluate workforce.
* Create a culture of safety and teamwork in the department.
* Ensure that employees are in compliance with all safety rules and GMPs.
* Processing of payroll for all distribution employees using the Kronos System.
* Record and balance produced and purchased product during the designated shift. Follow-up on discrepancies with production and/or producing plants during the shift.
* Review route accounting after the run. Follow up with DM and production on discrepancies.
* Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Organized and detail oriented.
* Comfortable working in a participative team environment.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple projects.
Education and Work History:
* High School Diploma required, some college preferred.
* Good organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
* 3 years of distribution supervisory experience, preferably in the food industry.
* Working knowledge of computers, including MS office applications.
* Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.