BIMBO BAKERIES USA Production Supervisor in DUBUQUE, Iowa
\ Job Description\ Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas\' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann\'s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA! More than 20,000 associates in bakeries, sales centers, offices and on sales routes work to ensure our consumers have the freshest products at every meal. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we provide a safe and inclusive work environment that appreciates diversity, promotes development and allows our associates to be their authentic selves.
This position oversees production lines and operations in the bakery under the supervision of the Production Manager and Plant Manager to ensure quality of product and delivery to distribution. Responsible for direct supervision of production associates. Works closely with all other departments in the bakery including maintenance, sanitation, and shipping.
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates supports of General Bakery Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ensures adherence to all quality requirements including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP\'s), etc.
* Provides leadership, training and coaching with associates to create culture of inclusion and engagement.
* Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe work environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
* Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste while striving for efficiency and profitability.
* Responsible for start-up including calculating orders, checking dough sheet, equipment condition and temperature settings.
* Monitors product quality; making formula changes as directed and tracks changes.
* Completes staff scheduling to ensure production lines are adequately staffed and coordinates with other departments to minimize downtime.
* Executes and maintains records for all phases of production relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, and order completion.
* Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other 3^rd^ party audits.
* Ensures compliance with AIB standards, Company policies and government regulations.
* Conducts incident investigations, responsible for reporting processes and ensuring any identified preventative actions are completed.
* Participates in, and drives LEAN manufacturing culture.
\ Job Requirements\
Key Behavioral Competencies:
* Results Achiever
* Change Agent
* People Oriented Leadership
* Learning and Adapting Best Practices
* Lives By and Promotes Values
Education and Work History:
* High School diploma or equivalent required. Some College is preferred.
* 2-5 years of supervisory experience in production, preferably in the food processing industry or fast-paced manufacturing environment.
* A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to handle difficult conversations.
* Proficiency-level computer skills including MS Office applications. KRONOS knowledge is a plus.
* Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/projects.
* Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this ob. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.