Kiewit Midwest Transmission/Substation Superintendent - Kiewit Power Delivery in DesMoines, Iowa
Requisition ID: 167422
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Delivery
Department: Field Supervision
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success of Kiewit’s, Kiewit Power Delivery district. You will function as a field supervisor and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. You with be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through General Foreman or Foreman. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architects/engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, and job site staff.
Kiewit Power Delivery. is a full-service engineering and construction solutions provider operating across North America. Our experience and expertise span all aspects of the transmission and distribution market from high voltage overhead and underground transmission to distribution and automation design and construction capabilities. With these broad capabilities, we operate in the electric utility, renewable energy, industrial, and oil & gas markets. As part of Kiewit, we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides holistic solutions, differentiating our team from the rest of the industry.
Our rapidly growing power delivery business has opened new locations across North America to strengthen our market presence while executing work within the communities that we live. We have invested in industry-leading design technology and platforms while also expanding our construction equipment fleet with the most advanced, and safest equipment on the market. We are committed to building upon our history as one of the safest companies to work for by equipping our craft with the best tooling and safety programs available.
We are an innovative team that prides itself on excellence through continuous improvement and an unwavering commitment to deliver for our clients. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit’s vast internal network of resources that span heavy civil and infrastructure, vertical and commercial buildings, mining, as well our oil and gas and power generation markets, to drive safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Mentor and help to grow Jr. Superintendents
• Review and approve the balance of Foremen, journeymen and laborer’s composite labor rates
• Manage contract administration (subcontractor/field management meeting for communication)
• Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving staff on site
• Initiate and attend supplementary and regular meeting with client for problem resolution and planning
• Oversee and approve the monthly job cost updates and quarterly cash flow projections
• Review, approve and negotiate change orders
• Develop and implement a plan for project completion and turnover
• Maintain daily diary for record-keeping purposes
• Ensure that all performance evaluations and completed in a timely fashion for direct reports
• Recommend, where appropriate, organizational, policy, and procedural or staff changes
• Review and approve or reject promotions up to General Foremen.
• 8+ years' construction experience with 3+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity working on Transmission and Substation projects.
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Kiewit’s policies, procedures, and software programs.
• Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong experience in Leadership, safety, negotiations, planning, and contract administration.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary
Base Compensation: $84,000 - $139,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Jobs