VERMEER MANUFACTURING COMPANY Welding Technician in Des Moines, Iowa
Who We Are
Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
3 - Third Shift
Are you the type of person who is driven to never stop pursuing the build of better machines? In this role you will require advanced training to model exceptional skills and mentor weld team members to success. We\'re looking for a dedicated team player who performs well under pressure and empowers others. At Vermeer, we find, grow and retain team members by equipping them with knowledge and expertise to do their jobs and deliver results. Added technical and professional skills are gained through development training. The training is individualized to each team member to set high standards while advancing their confidence and weld proficiencies. The Vermeer name equips our customers with confidence, assisting them in their important work on industrial jobsites and farm fields worldwide. We are an innovation-driven business that is international, well-established and growing. Our team is centered around our 4P Philosophy of principles, people, product and profit. We live out our principles through a caring culture, demonstrating agility, a focus on customers and being stewards of our resources. This drives our culture, determines how we treat others and steers our business.
What You\'ll Do
1. Complete weldmentsinvariouswelding positions according to blueprintsand welding procedure specifications using GMAW-Pby following Vermeer Welding Standards.
2. Position, align and fit components togetherutilizing fixturing. Bolt,clampandtack weld parts to secure in position for welding according to blueprints and welding procedure specificationsusing GMAW-P and FCAWby following Vermeer Welding Standards.
3. Repair products by dismantling, cutting, gouging, grinding, straightening, reshaping and/or rewelding.
4. Operate robotic welders that have been previously programmed.
5. Read and understand measuring devices such as a tape measure, weld fillet gauge, level, square,protractoror angle finder.
6. Set and operate anOFC oxyfueltorchfor preheatingsafely and efficiently.
7. Performregular and routinemaintenanceon weld equipment.
8. Support 5S/workplace organization goals of the department and offer suggestions and make improvements that achieve the department\'s performance board metrics.
What We\'re Looking For
- One yearweldcertificate and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Successful completion of Vermeer Welding Technician training course.
- One to three years related experience preferred.
- Read blueprints, calculatefiguresand apply basic mathematical functions including fractions and decimals.
- Ability to understand and implement foundational quality control processes including visual inspection.
- Ability to perform basiccomputer functions.
- Ability to perform problem solving techniques and root cause analysis.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to assess, evaluate, and carry out appropriate action for a given situation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
Must have tested and passed the following certifications in addition to the certifications of the Welder:
3G - UL
4G - UL
SMAW (as required)
GTAW (as required)
Hand Coordination: At least average/bilateral
Twisting: Rarely ( p to 1 minute in position)
Bending - Trunk: Rarely (up to 1 minute in position)
Bending - Neck: Occasionally (up to 25 degree flex and 30 degree extension for up to 2 minutes)
Elevated Work/Reach: Rarely (up to 1 minute in position)
Squatting/Kneeling: Rarely (up to 1 minute in position)
Pulling: Rarely (up to 80 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs) Frequently (up to 10 lbs)
Pushing: Rarely (up to 80 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs) Frequently (up to 10 lbs)
RH Grip: Rarely (up to 80 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs) Frequently (up to 10 lbs)
LH Grip: Rarely (up to 80 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs) Frequently (up to 10 lbs)
RH Pinch: Rarely (up to 15 lbs) Occasionally (up to 5 lbs) Frequently (up to 2 lbs)
LH Pinch: Rarely (up to 15 lbs) Occasionally (up to 5 lbs) Frequently (up to 2 lbs)
Floor to Waist Lift: Rarely (up to 50 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs)
Horizontal Lift: (up to 50 lbs) Occasionally (up to 20 lbs) Frequently (up to 10 lbs)
Waist to Crown Lift: Rarely (up to 40 lbs) Occasionally (up to 5 lbs)
ONSITE: A team member\'s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Vermeer Corporation, we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions at (641) 621-8767 or at .
Interested? We\'d love to get to know you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.