TURNER CONSTRUCTION COMPANY Supply Chain Products Specialist - Iowa in Des Moines, Iowa
\ \ \ Division:\ SourceBlue\ \ Project Location(s):\ Des Moines, IA 50301 USA\ \ Minimum Years Experience:\ 1\ Travel Involved:\ 20-30%\ \ Job Type:\ Regular Job Classification:\ Experienced Education: Bachelors Degree Job Family: SourceBlue Compensation: Salaried Exempt\ \
Position can work hybrid from any office location, with 25% travel to the Des Moines, IA job site.
SourceBlue is a\ subsidiary of Turner Construction Company that has been purchasing materials\ and equipment for major construction projects for over 20 years. With a staff\ of 150+ dedicated professionals and over \$5B in equipment and materials\ procured since its inception, we provide Clients with comprehensive procurement\ services that are unmatched in the industry today.
Provide\ equipment procurement services within the defined scope and quality specified\ by the contract document for assigned projects. Assist in engineering,\ administration, and execution of projects and coordination with the central\ SourceBlue group. Essential Duties and\ Key Responsibilities:
- Work with the SourceBlue team and assist on issues with architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, owner\'s representatives.
- Review equipment and procurement packages for compliant with drawings and specifications.
- Manage project submittals and shop drawings, assess conformance to contract specifications, and resolve interpretation conflicts.
- Assist with the initiation and review of change orders including preparation of independent analysis, estimates for vendor requests, approvals, and conflict resolutions and submit to SourceBlue Manager for approval.
- Oversee the close-out process, including preparation of final records for the project such as close-out records, warranties, as-builts, Operations and Maintenance manuals (OandMs), attic stock, and spare parts, and evaluate information to ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Assist with the preparation of scope of work documents, coordination matrices and bid response forms for vendor bid packages. Receive and level vendor bids and perform detailed cross check against project documents for technical compliance.
- Assist with the overall tracking of equipment by utilizing reports/logs such as, project budget reports, cost reports, equipment tracking, Requests for Information (RFI\'s), change order logs and close out logs.
- Job site and factory visits required.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor\'s degree plus a minimum of 1 years of\' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
- Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, talk, and hear. The employee frequently views a computer monitor and frequently uses a computer keyboard. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The empl yee is regularly required to be mobile, and the employee regularly travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances. The employee regularly performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or off-site venues. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office or remote setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
SourceBlue, LLC is an Equal Opportunity\ Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with\ Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor