THE WALDINGER CORPORATION Sourcing Specialist in Des Moines, Iowa
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Sourcing Specialist will successfully source passive and active candidates to build and sustain quality talent pipelines. The Sourcing Specialist will create and maintain a strategic plan to cultivate networks, build relationships and raise company awareness, with a focus on Waldinger Corporation trades and union positions. As part of the Talent Acquisition team, the Sourcer will be a people-motivated professional with high-energy and a passion for driving diverse and qualified applicants to the talent funnel.
- Work with hiring managers to determine current and future workforce needs for Waldinger Corporation trade and union positions.
- Strategically and proactively source passive and active candidates to build and maintain talent pipelines to meet established needs.
- Utilize job boards, online ads and resume databases to search for potential candidates.
- Research and evaluate external labor market conditions, advising hiring managers as necessary.
- Leverage effective, economical and appropriate sources, channels and methods in order to drive candidate awareness of the organization.
- Attend relevant career fairs, trade shows, association events, etc., educating prospective candidates on the personal and professional benefits of a skilled trades career.
- Build and maintain relationships with potential candidates, staffing agencies, schools, associations and trade organizations.
- Track and share qualified candidates with the proper hiring manager or local union chapter.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager, Talent Acquisition.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2-year degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years sourcing, recruitment, talent acquisition, sales or related experience preferred.
- Experience with HRIS or ATS Systems a plus.
- Superior team and customer service skills.
- Some travel required.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of construction or the skilled trades industry preferred.
- Willingness to role model Waldingers values of care for people, care for customers, getting it right and doing it right.
- Paid holidays
- Blue Cross Health insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Growth potential with a stable company
- Sick days each year that roll over
- Health club reimbursement
- Vacation Time accrued immediately with increases every year
- 401k with match and profit sharing
- Continuing education and advancement opportunity
- Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
The Waldinger Corporation is an EOE, including disability/vets.
The Waldinger Corporation participates in E-Verify.