ALTEC INDUSTRIES INC Site Facilities Coordinator - 30177 in Des Moines, Iowa
Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec,there's never been a better time to join us! Our company was founded on values that place the customer first and prioritize our people as our greatest strength. Over the years, those values and our talented associates have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of customers worldwide. Today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that sets the standard of excellence in design,manufacturing and service - and that's why we're the ideal place for you to grow your career.
Founded in 1929, Altec is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and signs markets. We help our customers dig deeper and reach higher in more than 100 countries around the world.
Altec's auction subsidiary, JJ Kane Auctioneers, currently has an opening for a Site Facilities Coordinator. This position will be working at our facilities in and around the Des Moines, Iowa area. This position is responsible for working on the planning for each auction. This includes vehicle logistics, managing lot flow, helping to maintain the facility throughout the year and ensuring compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.
JJ Kane auctions all types of used equipment including: bucket trucks, digger derricks, construction equipment, back hoes, skid steers, mini excavators, tractor crawlers, dozers, fleet cars and more! We encourage you to check out our company websites to explore our company's strong history.
Please go to www.altec.com , and www.jjkane.com to learn more.
Company Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aieKfXM4tc
Major Responsibilities :
- Maintains inventory of each lot coming into and leaving the site
- Evaluates inventory and determines the estimated selling value
- Works closely with customers and sales associates during removal of equipment after the auction
- Works with Sales and Operations teams for efficient auction procedures
- Works with our Safety and Environmental manager to ensure compliance with all safety and various EPA local, state and federal regulations
- Works with offsite holding yards to maintain inventory status, equipment audits and assist with other needs
- Ensures all required training and inspections are up to date.
- Maintains cost efficiency for locations and manages expenses
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 1 year of prior auction or heavy machine/equipment/automotive knowledge required
- Knowledge of utility, construction and aerial device equipment a plus
- Computer skills (including Word, Excel, etc.) at a proficient level
- Current valid driver's license
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and climb up and down utility equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Highly detail oriented
- Customer Service focused
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Why join Altec?
- Work-life balance
- Consistent work schedule/standard hours
- Values-based culture
- Stability of a 90 year old company
- Challenging, rewarding work environment
- Promotional opportunities
Among our core values is a focus on family and financial stability, and we believe it is important to provide associates with a competitive benefits package. Highlights of Altec's benefits package are listed below.
Learn more by visiting Compensation and Benefits - Altec Inc
- Medical, Dental, nd Vision Health Care Plans
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) or Roth 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, and Vacation Purchase
- Company Wellness Programs (Physical, Social, Emotional, Spiritual, Financial)
- Personal and Professional Learning/Development Opportunities
- Plus more!
Altec's values-based culture provides opportunities for associates to have a fulfilling professional career while maintaining a work-life balance and consistent work schedule .
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity