RESTAURANT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. Service Technician in DES MOINES, Iowa
The Service Technician plays a critical role in the success of Restaurant Technologies. Our Service Technicians are responsible for the installation and servicing of our advanced equipment in locations throughout the food service industry. As a Service Technician with Restaurant Technologies, you'll install our core products for new customers and assist with customer training through troubleshooting and servicing. For existing customers, you will be responsible for service, repair and routine maintenance.
Primary Job Accountabilities:
- Responsible for installing and maintaining our products in a safe, timely, and accurate manner.
- Meet and control operational goals and timelines- service labor per hour, first time right, 5S standards, etc.
- Comply with internal processes and procedures as well as all local and federally regulated requirements including DOT, OSHA, and HACCP.
- Maintain proper parts and supply levels in company service vehicles and proper paperwork standards.
- Communicate with customers to ensure product performance meets customer's expectations.
- Efficiently and professionally service customers' needs, training and coaching them on the system as needed.
- Utilize iPhone apps to perform multiple functions in role (parts, customer notes, clocking in/out)
- Position may include night installation work; schedule will vary based on customer demand and install schedule.
Education, Requirements and Competencies:
- Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver's license
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to problem solving customer issues for install and service
- Ability to perform basic mechanical and/or electrical duties
- Strong customer focus and ability to respond to challenging customer situations in a positive manner
- Must meet Restaurant Technologies' Fleet Safety requirements and maintain a clean driving record
- Ability to carry 50 pounds by hand
- Unrestricted ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out
- Ability to climb up and down a ladder as high as 20 feet in the air
- Vocational Training
Inclusive Employer At Restaurant Technologies, we celebrate diversity, believe in equity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees; we're proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law."
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us by email at
Culture and Benefits
Our employees are the foundation of our success and we take care of them! Our include professional development, competitive health care coverage, incentives and a healthy work and life balance. We've cultivated an award-winning workplace for driven team members who enjoy a fast pace and rapid growth balanced by a flexible and supportive environment. We've earned recognition as a "Best Place to Work," by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal along with The Minnesota Work Life Champions Award while consistently earning a spot on Minnesota's Fastest Growing Companies list. In addition, we've earned numerous awards from our customer base who consider Restaurant Technologies a valued strategic partner.
Who We Are
Restaurant Technologies is the leading p ovider of highly innovative and value-enhancing bulk cooking oil management services to the food service industry. Our solution is environmentally sound, highly efficient and creates a safer, more productive work environment for restaurant personnel. With over 35,000 existing customers we are an established, profitable mid-sized company poised for double-digit growth in the coming year. We are headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota with a growing number of sites strategically located across the U.S. serving over 41 metropolitan markets.
RTI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. In addition to federal law requirements, RTI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.