Jacobs Senior Subcontract Administrator, Supply Management - REMOTE in Des Moines, Iowa
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. You’ll make it simpler and more seamless for our private and public sector clients to operate safely and efficiently, empowering communities to focus on what matters most to them – people. Our teams work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
As a Subcontracts Administrator, you’ll lead project subcontract management strategy development and implementation, identify and advise the project and supply management of commercial risks in proposals and subcontracts and participate in internal and external supply management presentations.
Here’s a summary of the contributions you’ll make::
• Advise the PM and Operations on contractual significance of proposed actions
• Prepare and provide RFP package planning and development, including the formation, assembly and issuance of RFPs
• Source and qualify bidders
• Negotiate and award formal subcontracts
• Ensure compliance with government regulations, statutes, and Client procedures and requirements
• Coordinate with Legal, Insurance, Risk, Project Controls, and Project Business Services on commercial terms and risk issues
• Evaluate cost, payment, insurance, risk, indemnification, and other material terms of agreements to provide recommended language to provide protection to Jacobs and update assessment throughout the project performance
• Provide administration of subcontracts, up to and including closeout
• Participate in functional management team reviews
• May provide functional direction to other subcontracts administrators, associates and technicians assigned to the project.
• May participate in internal and external supply management presentations.
There’s something that drives everyone – and we want you to evolve your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and if eligible, a deferred compensation plan, and Executive Deferral Plan. We have an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for eligible full-time exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase discounted company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus.
The base salary range for this position is $95,300 to $185,500. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Advanced experience in subcontract management; At least 8 years in supply management or related field, with specific experience in subcontracts management.
• Experience with Construction /Program Management services subcontracts
• Understands project delivery processes (i.e., program management, construction management, CM.GC, design, design-build).
• Effective supervision of change activity to assure adequate protection of the company against potential subcontractor claims.
• Strong communications and writing skills. Able to effectively author contractual commitment documents, as well as internal and external communications, proposals and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and interact with operations, project and construction management.
• Proposal phase experience reviewing RFPs, evalution of pricing, contract terms and risk assessment support.
• Effective relationships with subcontractors, management, customers, support organizations, and project team members.
• Able to travel to or work at project sites if needed.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
• Familiarity with Design-Build subcontracting and/or Design for Design Build
• Prior experience with an engineering firm working
• Claims negotiation/management experience
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Jacobs Jobs