VWR CORPORATION Senior Manager, Raw Materials Sourcing (REMOTE) in DES MOINES, Iowa
The Senior Manager, Raw Materials Sourcing is responsible for developing sourcing strategies, executing on sourcing initiatives, and managing sourcing activities in the Americas in his/her specific category.
- Accountable for roughly \$75-100M spend per year
- Works with Director, Direct Sourcing to develop and present sourcing strategies to reduce category cost and mitigate supply risk
- Leverages market intelligence and analyses to identify opportunities and risks, including but not limited to spend analysis, commodity pricing forecasts, contract coverage analysis, etc.
- Collaborates with product management, commercial and operations teams that direct sourcing supports to ensure alignment on sourcing strategies, and that relevant market intelligence is shared Develops and maintains a rolling 36 month sourcing strategy and project roadmap, identifying savings estimates, estimated timing of savings, and execution plans Drives execution of category sourcing strategies (e.g., RFI/RFQ, supplier qualification, auction rounds, negotiation), coordinating with Technical Managers, Quality, Product Managers, and others as required.
- Maintains relationships with key vendors, and helps address vendor related issues (e.g., pricing issues, performance issues, etc.)
- Monitors category spend to ensure sourcing savings are captured and do not erode over time
- Conducts regular project execution reviews with the Director and VP, Direct Strategic Sourcing, and the respective business/functional leaders
- Responds to raw material category sourcing requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Negotiates contracts in line with corporate DOA guidelines Supports the budget process by providing expectations for material price outlooks
- Commercial responsibility for a subset of material commodities, which could include: acids, solvents, reagents, bio-buffers, denaturants, excipients, amino acids, and/or electronic materials.
- BS/BA Degree preferred; Degree in engineering, including chemical, or a related field preferred; MBA preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred (yellow, green, or black belt)
- Minimum of (7) years of total related experience required
- Minimum of (3) years MandA experience on strategy development
``` - Minimum of five (5) years of related procurement, operational, or commercial experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industries - Experience with matrixed global project responsibility preferred - SAP experience preferred
- Strategic mindset and ability to execute hands-on
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Can-do mindset, creative, solution-focused, and action-oriented
- Ability and track record of managing complex sourcing/procurement projects
- Proactive spend control, spend analysis and strategy execution skills
- Fact and analysis-based decision-maker
- Proven contracting and contract management skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship management skills
- Highly organized, well structured, self-managed, clear priority management skill set
- Ability to successfully work in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
- The Senior Manager, Raw Material Sourcing - Americas reports to a Director, Direct Strategic Sourcing,
- NA remote / WFH Position / \"Eastern Time Zone Centric\"
- Travel up to 10-20%
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.