FIELDCORE SERVICE SOLUTIONS LLC Mechanic, ( 23-8371) in Des Moines, Iowa
The primary responsibility of the Mechanic - Steam and Gas - is to safely accomplish the installation, maintenance and repair of the heavy rotating machinery used mainly in power generation applications. Turbine Mechanics work closely with Supervisors, EHS personnel, and the Operations Department to achieve these goals. You may be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization's core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints, schematic drawings and technical documentation to determine proper work procedures.
- Install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings in industrial establishments.
- Dismantle and assemble machinery and equipment using a variety of hand, power, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on power tools, hand tools and training equipment.
- Move machinery and equipment using hoists, cranes, chain falls and trucks.
- Align machinery and equipment using hoists, squares, rules, micrometers, plumb bobs, dial indicators and/or laser alignment equipment.
- Perform machining and welding operations for making various parts for lab and shop training equipment
- Perform material and machine inspections using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, rules, calipers, protractors, and torque wrenches.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving all major pieces for TandDC, plus all shipping, receiving, inventory, and control of tools, equipment and supplies
- Determine equipment specifications and prepare parts lists for purchasing, consisting of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic devices as needed to complete assigned projects.
- Load, transport, and unload materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Availability to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments - Field
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or associate degree in Technical Field, Gas Turbine Systems Technician preferred
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years' experience maintaining, dismantling, and installing machinery and industrial service equipment including various pumps, motors, fans, generators, and turbines.
- Must have experience performing equipment alignments using either laser or traditional methods.
- Must have Driver's License
- Must possess minimum required hand tools.
- Qualified level. Able to successfully perform all requirements of the job properly.
- Possess advanced skills and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization.
- Has solid skills acquired with trainings and required to disassemble and reassemble complex rotating equipment - Bolting, Hydraulic Bolting, Flange Management, Small Bore Piping, Basic Rigging/Lifting, O/H Crane Operator
- Good mechanical/technical skills.
- Good oral communication skills and critical thinking ability.
- May be required to handle time-sensitive tasks and maintain a schedule within operationally challenging environments.
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment.
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil and gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website .
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law