EUROFINS SCIENTIFIC, INC. Lab Tech 1 in DES MOINES, Iowa
::: section Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs, and Methods.
- Adhere to appropriate quality measures to meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory (cGMP, GLP), and company requirements relevant to assigned duties.
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work; maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in at leastonecore methodand ability to conduct at least one other assigned method with no more than 25% supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to operate all required basic lab equipment within department.
- Set up batches of samples to weigh and weigh samples.
- Perform timely and accurate analysis of samples to meet customer commitments, including but not limited to, preparing samples for analysis, using appropriate analysis methods and techniques, and applying appropriate data reduction.
- Maintain a neat and accurate record system; keep accurate records of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes; record test data and results for samples in logbook, record book or BookMaster and enter the data or results into eLIMS either manually or through automatic export. in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify from samples assayed the need for rechecks.
- Maintain clean glassware and prepare solutions for use in the daily testing of assigned samples.
- Identify method/matrix/analytical difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions toDepartment Leader orsupervisor.
- Ensure that proprietary methodologies are not disclosed to non-employees except as approved in writing by the Laboratory Manager or appointed designate.
- Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
- Remain current on technical, industry, and business advancements and trends as suggested bythe Department Leader orsupervisor.
- Recommend more accurate or efficient laboratory equipment or procedures.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees.Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers.This includes intra and inter departmental employees.
- Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. :::
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Responsive, independent problem solver and action oriented
- Associate degree or High school diploma with 0-3 years experience :::
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Des Moines, IA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays :::