ABM INDUSTRIES INC Garage Maintenance in DES MOINES, Iowa
Position Summary Details
The Parking Garage Cleaner/Maintenance position is responsible for the upkeep of the parking garage. The duties include utilizing power equipment, snow removal, pulling trash, cleaning elevators and entrances, and painting. They will also complete other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Shift: 3pm to 11pm - Wednesday to Sunday
- Cleans and maintains parking garage and surrounding areas.
- Ensures basic repairs and maintenance of facility and equipment.
- Removes trash, cleans elevators and entrances, and paints deck floors and curbs.
- Removes cobwebs, clean signs, shutters, windows, and stairwells.
- Minor company vehicle maintenance, to include adding fuel.
- Notifies managers concerning the need for minor or major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Complies with all safety, security, compliance, and quality standards and procedures established by the Company, Clients, and regulatory authorities.
- Cleaner must be flexible and willing to complete all tasks that are assigned.
- to floors and fixtures.
- Must keep supply closet neat and orderly and maintain equipment in good working order.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and possibly checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Drives vehicles (if required) to perform or travel to complete maintenance duties.
- Responds to spills and other emergency situations, performing tasks necessary.
- Safely operate power equipment.
- Must have Valid Driver's License
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM's benefits, visit ().
ABM is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)