CTG Field Technician 4 in Des Moines, Iowa
Field Technician 4
May 15, 2023Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking to fill aField Technician 4long-term contract opening.
Duration: 12 months, with the likelihood of extension or hire
Candidates will be responsible for testing the end-to-end connectivity of optical fiber paths using multiple testing apparatuses from OSP handoff to customer equipment by fusion splicing before performing complete fiber characterization (Fusion Machine, OTDR, CD/PMD, Optical Insertion Loss measurements, and fiber end-face validation) and performing a basic site survey.
· Maintaining Project Schedules
· Proper prepping of fiber cables for splicing per industry/customer standards in various splice housings, using various cable types (ribbon fiber, loose tube, armored/non-armored, 900 micron MIC cables/pigtails, etc.)
· Splicing various types of fiber cable of various fiber counts.
· Performing fiber characterization tests using OTDR, CD/PMD, power meter/laser source, and fiber end-face testing using industry-standard test equipment
· Ability to troubleshoot issues on fiber networks with the use of OTDR, VFL, and other instruments.
· Splicing or re-splicing of new strands and problematic fiber strands using industry-standard fusion splicers
· Fiber end face cleaning using multiple methods
· Providing field analysis on Vendor's fiber network from test data
· Preparing testing packages including:
o Redlining of project documentation including fiber path and demarcation points
o Provide test reports as dictated by vendor requirements
o Managing project field documentation
o Interfacing with vendors to provide remediation to fiber path issues
· Performing site surveys to validate vendor infrastructure deliverables including any issues (not limited to):
o Fiber type
o Points of failure
o Diversity requirements
o Framework and support infrastructure (racks, fiber protection, grounding, etc.)
· 75-80% travel
· Project management and organizational competence
· Fusion splicing using industry-standard equipment
· Very strong experience analyzing OTDR traces, OIL data, and CD/PMD data.
· Able to describe the details and structure of ISP and OSP Fiber Networks
· Understanding of various fiber types
· Strong computer skills of various programs needed for project information delivery and handing off of test results/issues.
· High-level analytical skills
· Effectively present to team meetings both written and orally
· Identify issues and enact resolutions effectively
· Assist in fiber issue resolution
· Multi-task effectively and maintain project deadlines
· Interface with vendors and develop issue remediation protocols
· Minimum 3 years experience within a Telecom Network Infrastructure environment
· Able to use any generic office software.
· Familiarity with EXFO Toolbox used in the analysis of fiber test data or similar software applications
· Experience with understanding vendor contractual deliverables
· Minimum of two years in a project management or project support capacity directing field resources an asset
· Additional languages are a definite asset
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group are required.
CTG does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services for this role.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contactTheresa Hillard at 716-887-7205 or email@example.com. Kindly forward this to any other interested parties—thank you!
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional, and business development courses.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients' project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company in every country in which we operate.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Telecommunicatons
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Work Remote: Yes
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
- CTG Jobs