Actalent Engineering Technician in DES MOINES, Iowa
We are hiring!
Actalent is looking for an Engineering Technician
to join their team!
Actalent is hiring for an entry-level Engineering Technician. With this role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in this booming industry. Our client has been in business since 2001 and views their employees as their most valuable asset. They are committed to assisting our staff to reach their maximum potential by providing an environment that encourages new ideas, creativity, and progress.
· Located in Central Des Moines, IA
· Schedule: About 40 – 60 hours per week
· Pay: $20 - $28 per hour based on experience
· Engineering Technician duties include material testing for: Aggregate, Soil, Asphalt, NDT (Non-destructive Testing), Concrete, Concrete Density, and Steel.
· A typical day includes visiting multiple job sites a day throughout central Iowa. Will potentially be interacting with other contractors/project owners, etc.
· Collecting samples of soil or concrete and foundation testing, look at reinforcing steel to be in compliance with shop drawings, concrete testing log and track the numbers from the machines when testing the concrete and soil.
Skills and Qualifications:
· 2+ years of construction testing experience in earth, dirt work, concrete, steel or related materials or Bachelors in Geology, Environmental Sciences, or similar field is preferred.
· Active Driver's License.
For consideration, please send resumes to ccamelin@actalentservices. com
Actalent is a global leader in engineering and sciences services and talent solutions. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts who drive scale, innovation and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
Hiring diverse talent
Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options.
- Actalent Jobs