AIRGAS USA LLC Electromechanical Repair Technician in Des Moines, Iowa
R10032333 Electromechanical Repair Technician (Open)
Des Moines, IA - Retail shop
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Welding Repair Technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical, mechanical and control functionality of welding equipment for Airgas and Air Gas customers. This position will repair engine drives, inverters, transformers and automation equipment. The position is required to maintain an inventory of parts and supplies and maintain all required documentation including tracking of all work hours for appropriate customer billing.
- Travels to customer sites to troubleshoot and make necessary repairs , to perform routine/preventative maintenance (PM) and perform National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) traceable calibration on all types of Airgas equipment and products including, but not limited to:
- Manual, robotic and semi-automatic Pulsed Metal Arc Welding (GMAW-P), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and Plasma Arc Welding (PAW) equipment including many custom semi-automatic systems.
- Orbital tube and pipe welding systems.
- High purity bulk and cylinder gas systems.
- Integrated welding and motion control systems.
- Completes all service orders in a neat and timely fashion and obtains customer's signature on the order prior to leaving the facility.
- Maintains company provided diagnostic equipment, tools and other equipment in clean, good working condition and within manufacturer's recommendations. Properly locks and secures the equipment at the end of each day.
- Maintains inventory of parts in the Airgas facility.
- Communicates routinely with the manager on the job status, daily activities and condition of equipment.
- Communicates by phone and in person with vendors, customers, sales staff, store managers and others, providing information on repair times, ordering of parts and supplies, etc.
- Maintains database of and schedule of all calibration and PM's on Airgas and Airgas's customer equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
________Are you a MATCH?
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior related electrical and or electronics repair experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have general mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to plan a logical approach to troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend manuals, schematics, material safety data sheets and instructions
- Self-starter; self-motivated; operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
- Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction with ability to represent Airgas to our customers in a professional and courteous manner.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
Equal Em loyment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement. This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424).
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability