CHS Inc. Terminal Operations Manager in Davenport, Iowa
Terminal Operations Manager
Location Davenport, Iowa
Date posted 05/08/2023
Job ID 10215
I'm interested (https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=10215&company=CHSProd)
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc. is looking for a Terminal Operations Supervisor to join our Davenport Team!
• Support and drive Standard Work for housekeeping, safety and compliance, and take corrective action as needed.
• Support and drive Standard Work for loading/unloading operations, binning products properly, communicating with rail/barge dispatching representatives, loading out products that meet contract requirements.
• Lead Standard Work and provide, training and cross-training for all Team Member positions and evaluate employee performance.
• Maintain regulatory compliance for entire facility.
• Oversee and drive Standard Work for an effective maintenance and reliability program.
• Lead a production environment supporting teamwork, safety, training and discipline.
• Lead the Team on safety, quality, productivity and cost and process improvement projects that identify and eliminate waste.
• Teach and mentor the use of Lean tools, including Kaizen, 5S, 8 Wastes, Kanban, etc. to all levels of the organization.
• Assist in developing a site budget, as necessary, as well as capital improvement projects related to process improvements.
• Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
• Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
High School diploma or GED
2+ years of experience in Operations and/or Grain Production Operations
Previous experience working in a grain terminal or other terminal/warehouse-related facilities.
Basic knowledge of grain handling and operations.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work independently
Strong decision-making/problem-solving ability
Proficient in MS Office suite
Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, and motor vehicle check, physical requirements, and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- CHS Inc. Jobs