THE SCHEMMER ASSOCIATES INC Construction Materials Testing and Special Inspections -Field Technician in COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa
We currently have an immediate opening for a Construction Materials Testing and Special Inspections - Field Technician in our Council Bluffs, IA office. The Field Technician performs a variety of in-office and field tasks.TheField Technician has responsibility to perform tasks as required with limited oversight while maintaining accuracy, and producing high quality test reports. Must be able to travel on a regular basis to project sites inthe surrounding Iowa/Nebraska areato provide testing, inspection, and oversight of construction projects.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performs soil, concrete, masonry and weld tests and special inspections.
- Responsible for processing laboratory and fielddata.
- Provides oversight of work performed by junior level technicians.
- Performs laboratory and equipment calibrations.
- GED or Diploma
- Minimum of3 years of experience in testing and inspections, including the laboratory and the field, 4years to 8 years' experience preferred
- ACI and ICC certifications
- Experience and knowledge of ASTM and AASHTO test methods for materials testing and IBC requirements for special inspections
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel on occasion required
- Knowledge of Geotechnical Laboratory and Field Testing equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Walk, stand, sit, and move over construction project surfaces in a manner that is not injurious to you or persons near you
- Climb on construction surfaces with proper safety equipment
- Frequently, safely lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds in a proper manner to not cause injury
At Schemmer, we believe in fostering a fun, creative environment where professionals are empowered to shape their career, and where there is a healthy work-life balance. We celebrate lifelong learning, provide resources and opportunities, and offer support in your pursuit of success.
Only the most qualified applicants will receive a reply. No phone calls please.
Please apply online at www.schemmer.com/careers
The Schemmer Associates Inc.
North 115th Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
The Schemmer Associates Inc. is an EO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled - E-Verify
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://www.applicantpro.com/j/1250867-41767