ADM UTILITY in Clinton, Iowa
Logistics, Transportation,Warehousing, Supply Chain
Location: Clinton, IA
Job Type: Full Time, Hourly
Shift(s) Available: 8-hour day shift with occasional overtime including weekends and holidays.
· Benefits Start First Day - Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
· Health and Wellness Incentives
· Weekly Pay
· Advancement Opportunities
· Paid Vacation and Holidays – Available Immediately
· Paid Sick Leave
· 401K/ESOP, pension with ADM matching contributions
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
· Short & Long-Term Disability
· Company Paid Life Insurance and Voluntary Life Insurance for Employees,’ Spouse and Children
· Parental leave (paternity/maternity)
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Perks at work (discount program with several companies)
This is an entry-level position in our Clinton, IA Terminal. You will gain knowledge of the facility, general department knowledge, and handle tasks through completion of tasks and look for ways to improve the process and personal performance. Production Specialists are expected to perform a variety of jobs, tasks or duties as assigned under limited supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
· Work in a fast-paced environment to complete various processes including product handling, cleaning of equipment and buildings, barge movement, rail operations, etc.
· Assists with routine preventive maintenance duties on department equipment and notifies the maintenance department of the need for major repairs or adjustments.
· Must be motivated and have the ability to take direction.
· Maintain, monitor and adjust equipment
· Interact regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
· Communicate with team/shift employees concerning proper operation of equipment, changes in flow rates or processing capabilities safety concerns, product quality issues and maintenance issues
· Understand and adhere to ADM's Safety, Environmental Compliance and Food Quality and goal of achieving a zero-injury culture.
· Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
· Exhibit regular and prompt attendance and maintain attendance record in accordance with company policy
· Operating equipment associated with the sanitation, loadout and unloading process for bulk materials including trucks, barges and/or rail cars, forklifts, hand trucks, skid steers, utilizing scales, pumps, conveyor, scoop, shovel, broom, pressure washer, tape measure, fall restraint systems etc.
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
· Ability to understand and effectively communicate in English (verbal/written)
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Experience in production and/or similar military environment (preferred)
On-the-Job Training Requirements:
· Complete ADM safety, food safety, quality, and environmental training
· Participate in company planned operations training
· Equipment training may include but not limited to JLG, forklift, non-DOT truck, reach lift, etc.
· Ambient conditions – Work area is, typically, a non-air-conditioned production environment. Hot or cold Temperatures, all seasonal elements, both indoors and outdoors
· Atmosphere: Dust (cotton, canola seed) and odor
· Must be able to work around noise levels that may reach or exceed 85 decibels and require use of hearing protection for most of the work shift
· Company provided protective clothing required: Uniforms, hardhats, earplugs, safety glasses, hair restraints, steel-toed shoes, gloves, and safety harness may be required based on task performed; employees are required to wear all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) (i.e., hard-hats, safety glasses, earplugs, uniforms, and steel-toed boots) in addition to job specific PPE requirements. *Employees in roles that require respirators will need to be clean shaven.
· Ability to move about or to a work site by ascending/descending stairs, bending, kneeling and prolonged periods of standing and sitting, stooping, bending, kneeling, or squatting frequently
· Ability to operate equipment or machinery that may be located at different heights; may require work on ladders, scaffolding or other work at heights or in confined spaces
· Ability to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis, up to 55 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds overhead
· Requires ability and willingness to wear respirators
· Ability to traverse up to two (2) miles during the course of a workday
· Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice as needed
· The shift schedules include an 8-hour shift on a rotational or swing schedule (i.e., seven-day swing and/or rotational)
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
IA - Iowa
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We're a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We're blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We're a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We're an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we're a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.
- ADM Jobs